Tuesday, May 5

Finishing up the Chicken Meals



This is only one of the large trays of chicken that I used for freezer food. These Boneless-Skinless chicken breasts were made into

Bruschetta and Cheese stuffed chicken breasts
*For easier prep, I cut a pocket in each breast instead of pounding and rolling. This saved me about 45 minutes...
For freezing: assemble the breasts and stuffing, bake for 20 minutes, cool and freeze.
To reheat: thaw and place in a pan with the dressing and cheese. Bake until heated through.

Next we tackle chicken thighs and drumsticks.
So let's make BBQ chicken. No browning, no grilling.
With about 8 ounces of BBQ sauce, use tongs to coat each piece of chicken and arrange in a single layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool and package. To reheat: wrap in foil pouch and bake 30 minutes until heated through. OR nuke it. Either way, same results.

Final Chicken packages (with the exception of the shredded chicken) on their way to the freezer:


~Anne

3 Comments Welcome!:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Seriously you are amazing. I really need to do this. You must get dinner on the table so fast.

Anne said...

Yep! That is the biggest benefit! When I had a baby and a toddler and my older girls were in 9 classes a week, this kept us all eating regular food and not stopping at DelTaco every night for dinner.

Now, I just like being able to do other things and still have a good dinner. I can start cooking at 5 and have dinner finished by 6 (except yesterday when I didnt thaw the meatloaf long enough and it took longer to bake).

Even if I zone out and dont start dinner until later, it still comes together so fast that it is well worth the few days here and there that it takes to fill the freezer.

WARNING: Spouse has no idea how long NORMAL dinner takes to prep and cook. He now considers me to be LAZY because all I do is pull stuff out of the freezer and heat. Oh well... I guess that is the price I have to pay. =D

Unknown said...

Did I ever tell you that you're my hero? LA LA LA LA! Good thing you can't really hear me singing that! LOL!

Keep those wonderful recipes and food ideas coming girlie! I look forward to seeing what you are creating!

I would be THRILLED to just pull it from the freezer and have it all ready to go!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads