Friday, April 10

Easy Oven Chicken Nuggets

Sufficiently scolded by Kathy, I am here to post the remainder of the Freezer Food posts. Sorry for the delay... I was sidetracked trying to decide how to put this in print. That and I tend to be a starter and not a finsher. Procrastinator, bad word... ANYWAY... I will figure out how to make this all printable later. For now, more posts:

We were talking about chicken. I really like to keep my freezer chicken simple so that it can be used many many ways. You have heard about my garlic chicken. But let's talk about plain chicken. PLAIN. I said it. You heard me!

This would be shredded or chopped chicken. Salt and pepper at the most. BORING. I alluded to this in the last post. Then I started to think that maybe I should share it, boring or not.

What I do is haul out the crock pot... add in 6 or 8 Boneless Skinless FROZEN chicken breasts... pop on the lid... turn it on... and walk away for 6 hours. It stinks. Dont get me wrong. I think the only thing I hate worse than that smell is hamburgers cooked in the microwave. ANYWAY, you can rotate your breasts here and there if you want, but it isnt necessary. You can just walk away. When they are done, chop what needs to be chopped and take two forks to the rest to shred it. Remember, I package mine in 2 cup baggies. But you can do yours however you want.

Great, so now you have a stinky kitchen and a bunch of cooked chicken. Now what???

Well... they sell chicken in the can. Dont buy that anymore. Use this.

Chicken salad sandwiches
Chicken and rice
Chicken soup
Chicken tacos
Chicken noodle casserole
Chicken tetrazinni (white sauce, chicken, spinach)
Chicken pot pie

There are a million things you can do with it, and save yourself tons of time by cooking it ahead. I used to flavor it and then freeze it, but now I just freeze it all plain and flavor it at dinner time.

I also made Chicken Nuggets or Fingers or Filets or what ever you want to call them. These are great as baked (fried) chicken dinner, chicken parmesan, chicken fingers, salad topping, chicken sandwiches... etc.

And they are soooo easy!



I started with fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. I sliced and diced them to my heart's content.











When I was happy with what I had done, I dipped them in egg,
rolled them in a bread mixture (italian bread crumbs, salt, pepper, shredded parmesan, parsley)

plunked them on a cookie sheet. After about 10 -maybe 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven they were DONE... and packaged.

Nom Nom Nom. These pass for McDonald's expensive chicken fingers around here. And make for fast, tasty dinners!

I will be back with more after I feed my little rascals. Kielbasa and potatos tonight.... =D
~Anne

2 Comments Welcome!:

Unknown said...

YAY!

I am SO happy to see that you are continuing to post these recipes/ideas!

If only my scolding worked as well on my kids and husband! LOL!

Can I just come to your house and OAMC with you?

Controlling My Chaos said...

Yum. You are sooooo smart. I can't get over it. I need to get on the ball and be more like you.

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads