Friday, April 10

Ground Beef Bonanza *EDITED

**Edited to include recipe and additional details.**




I bought TWO of these. That is 20 pounds of ground beef.


You can't even begin to understand how much I hate touching ground beef. I would rather kill and clean my own chicken than to touch ground beef! It is GROSS!!

So you KNOW the second my hubby walked into the kitchen and asked if he could help with anything I yelled MEATBALLS!!!! I luv luv that my hubby likes to help in the kitchen. Especially since meat doesnt bug him.
Look at what he made!!!

Meatballs

1# 80-85% lean ground beef
1 egg
¼ cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup water (1/3 cup if using less than 80%)
2T grated parmesan or romano
1 teaspoon worcesterchire
1 teaspoon parsley (dry)
1 teaspoon basil (dry)
¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
Combine well. Should make about 1 dozen balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
To make for freezer, Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool before packaging.
To reheat from frozen, simmer in spaghetti sauce for 15 minutes.

Impressive, huh! But meatballs and meatloaf arent the only things you can do with ground beef.
  • What about tacos,
  • baked ziti,
  • lasagna,
  • nachos,
  • chili,
  • enchiladas,
  • sloppy joes....
I buy tons of GB, toss it in the BIG pan (10QT), brown it all, and package. Easy smeasy!
What do YOU make with Ground Beef?

~Anne

4 Comments Welcome!:

Unknown said...

HEY! Another thing in common! I cannot stand touching meat either. And why does the ground beef feel SO COLD when you try to mix it? My hands totally freeze whenever I am making hamburgers or something else.

I have to say that chicken grosses me out more than beef does though.

So, do you cook the meatballs first and then freeze them? Or, do you just shape and freeze, then cook later?

Controlling My Chaos said...

So do you cook your meatballs first and then freeze them?

I don't enjoy touching raw meat either. I wear food prep gloves when I have to touch it.

Cat said...

Hi, I found your blog through the blog-vine I guess you could call it.

I love your blog.

I understand your feelings about beef. I can't be near the stuff when i am pregnant. Anything to do with ground beef makes me lose it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update with the recipe and directions girlie!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads