Friday, February 20

What am I going to do with you?!?!?!

*Edited to adjust photos that blogger removed.

Remember this post from last fall? You know, the one where I bared my scrapbook soul and 'fessed up to all the supplies I have hidden that need to be used...

Well, in addition to all the albums, paper, stickers, ribbon and embellishments...

I have scraps too.

Some are up to 3/4 of a sheet of paper.
Some are as small as 2" square.
Some are squares, circles, triangles even.

  • I have this entire basket full of scraps. It must weigh 6 or 7 pounds.

  • I have a long photo box so full of small paper that I can't get the lid on.

  • I have a 12x12 drawer full of scraps.

  • I have a Creative Memories File Mate full of scraps.

Seriously? What am I going to do with all this scrap paper?

Whatever I was thinking when it got that way, it obviously didnt work out the way I planned because the only part of this that gets used are the scraps in the drawer.

Oh, I think I would use them all, but I just never remember they are there.

I usually end up cutting a new full-sheet of paper first. *gasp*

So the other night I sat up while every one slept and I sorted the scraps.

Since the drawer seems to work and I tend to think in color families...

I sorted the papers by color.

10 drawers!

  • Yellow

  • Orange (including peach and rust)

  • Red (including burgundy)

  • Pink

  • Purple

  • Blue

  • Green

  • Brown

  • White (including beige)

  • Black (including gray)

I went a bit further and separated the journal boxes from the other papers. I stuck them on my desktop -in a little bin- for quick access.

I am liking the results. Hopefully this method will work better now that it is all in one place!


How do YOU store your scraps?

~Anne


4 Comments Welcome!:

Controlling My Chaos said...

That looks like a great way to organize your scraps. I have all my paper stored together in plastic folders by color family, like yours, so all my scraps are with my full sheets. I really like those big carts with the drawers that you are using. Are there enough drawers for all the basic colors?

Controlling My Chaos said...

Never mind my question. I see that you answered it. I'm a bonehead!

Forgetfulone said...

I'm so impressed! I have all my paper organized, but not my scraps. I don't have as many as you, but it's getting there, and I better figure out something quick!

Unknown said...

wow, this is a great idea! scraps are about the only thing i don't have under control yet, LOL. thanks for popping over at my blog! menu monday, you are good! wish i could get on that bandwagon!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads