Tuesday, February 24

Cute File Folders Tutorial

A couple weeks ago I posted on Organising Queen -as part of my office makeover- this photo of my action file folders.

They were super wasy to make! I spent less than 5 minutes on each!

Supplies:

  • Manila file folder
  • Adhesive
  • Scissors
  • Decorative paper or fabric
  • Embellishments

I took my cheap-o file folder and some scraps of paper . For the tab section of the file, I cut a strip 2.5" wide.

I ran adhesive around the exterior of the strip as well as down the middle.


When I flipped it over and stuck it down, I quickly trimmed around the tab.

I followed the same procedure with a larger piece of paper for the front, trimming when it was adhered.
Then I embellished with Ribbon. Lastly, I stuck a label on each folder.
Poof! Cute Folders!



You can match them to your decor so that you don't mind having them out in the open. I went one step further than that with my BILLS TO PAY folder and covered it with Chocolate paper... hoping to make paying the bills slightly more palitable. *giggle*

What do your action folders look like??

~Anne

2 Comments Welcome!:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Very cool, Anne. You are so smart.

Scrapbooking Ideas said...

Very helpful tutorial. Designing folders not only adds warmth to the room but it also helps in organizing your files. :)

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads