- Ooey Gooey Bars. Basically yellow cake mix and a whole lot of powdered sugar. Yummy. Too sweet for me, but half the platter was g-o-n-e!
- Bruschetta Chicken well, kinda bruschetta chicken. I ran out of time and just chopped the chicken, tossed it, the stuffing, and the tomatos in a casserole and baked it. Eventually I remembered to pour on the dressing. I forgot the cheese entirely. It looked like crap and I felt weird serving it, but I *needed* another main dish. Threw-together-chicken-surprise-casserole was the ONLY dish completely emptied. AND 3 people asked for the recipe AND one couple invited themselves over again this weekend and specially requested it again! Who knew!
- Utility Sink Bar Fridge. Because there is only so much room in the fridge and no one wants to go out in a Mid-west winter to get stuff from the garage fridge... stick a plug in the drain, fill the sink with ice and add bottles and cans.
And now the Party Flops... all the things that went wrong.
- Spaghetti Cups A great idea from Picky Palate, but never try a new idea the day of the party. Oh yeah, and dont forget to buy the main ingredient.
- 20 people frenzy. I went all out, didnt really figure out how much food was appropriate for the number of guests. I really overdid it.
- Dinner Party/Game Night. You can't do it all in one night. We started and ended with food and drinks. We never got to the games. Sure, we had a blast, but it wasnt game night.
Hmmmm!Now my menu for this week:
Sunday - Spaghetti
Monday - Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday - Nachos
Wednesday - BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Take out
The first FIVE people to comment on this post will get something made by me!
I am going to echo her disclaimers:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
- What I create will be just for you.
- It'll be done this year.
- You will have no clue what it is going to be until I post it and ask you to contact me with your mailing address.
To qualify you must comment here after you repost this on your blog offering the same to the first five people who comment on your blog.