Tuesday, February 10

Lonely Hearts Club


Life of the party!
That is me. How that happens, I am not sure... but I am so very comfortable in the middle of attention... Unless the attention is a business meeting or other formal setting. I canNOT talk in front of a group! I seize up and start to squeak. Notes or not, I cannot find my voice.

I can walk up to a total stranger and start a conversation. But I have difficulty picking up the phone to call my closest friend.

I can teach class after class by live video feed, but I cannot show 5 ten year olds how to complete a craft.

I am a straight-laced, clean-cut, no-nonsense, strict, conservative woman. I am also the first one to tell an off-color joke, first to skinny-dip, always laugh too loud and never know when to shut up.

This dichotomy is Anne.

So it shouldn't be any surprise that I freak out when my husband has to travel... but when the family is all home, I retreat to my room to be alone. I don't understand it, but I still sit here tonight having a pity-party for Anne while my husband is off to visit his elderly father in the hospital.

UGH! I am going to eat some chocolate and ponder that which is Anne.

~Anne

1 Comments Welcome!:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Yes, run, don't walk, to the chocolate. It cures everything. Except fitting into the skinny jeans. Dang it!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads