Sunday, November 23

How much do YOU love Butter?


I mean really? How much do you love butter? Would you write an entire blog about it? Heeheehee! Recently my blog-friend Jill wrote an entire post dedicated to butter. You have to read it! It is hilarious!

And it got me thinking about how much I love butter... I grew up on Parkay brand margarine, so butter is a relatively new discovery to me. And I love it!
Last night I dug out a recipe from my recipes to try some day file. I dont know the origination of the recipe. All I have is a photo copy... that was punched and stuck in a 3-ring binder some 10+ years ago. It was delicious! I shouldn't have waited so long to try it! AND it was the perfect excuse to slather on some BUTTER!

Savory Cheddar Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1-1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, onion salt, oregano, ground mustard and cheese in a bowl; set aside. Combine egg, milk and butter; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spread batter in a greased loaf pan. Bake at *** for 45 minutes.

***Apparently when I punched holes in the copy, I punched right over the temperature. So I baked my loaf at 375. It was a bit crunchy and dry. I think 350 would probably be perfect. And dont forget to smother it with BUTTER!
~Anne

3 Comments Welcome!:

Anonymous said...

Between you and Jill, I'm craving a whole pound of butter now!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Yum, I am going to have to make this. I LOVE butter.

Marcia Francois said...

That's not so crazy - I once wrote a whole post about mayonnaise - yummm!

Here you go
http://takechargeofyourlife.blogspot.com/2008/09/mayonnaise.html

and
http://takechargeofyourlife.blogspot.com/2008/09/pastrami-tomato-and-potato-salad-rolls.html

And hey! You're tagged for Friday's Declutter Challenge

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads