Friday, October 24

Declutter Fridays -Oct 24



I know this is the FRIDAY challenge, but I have been decluttering for two weeks...!



  • I cleaned out my master bedroom closet. I made enough room in there to put my lesser used stamp/scrap supplies.

  • This enabled me to fold up the two tables that held my supplies. I also removed the return from my desk.

  • I rearranged all the remaining furniture in the bedroom.

  • I emptied my TO FILE basket and shredded or filed each paper. I culled through the previous files and removed a 10" thick pile of papers to be shredded... old bills and financial papers that do not need to be kept.

  • I removed everything that had been stashed under the bed and if my touch left fingerprints in the dust, I tossed it. If there was no dust, I found a place to store it.

  • I cleaned my junk drawer and 2 baskets of previous junk drawers that had never been sorted.

  • A box of papers from my last job was hovering in the corner. I went through it and filed what I thought I might use as reference, and tossed the rest. I was brutal. I think I saved 4 pages total from a box 15"x15" FULL.

  • I went through the kids' dressers and took out the off-season clothing and clothing that was too small. I threw away the clothes with holes in the knees or stains, boxed up the girls clothes and bagged the boys clothes. I have to take the girls clothes to Goodwill, but I already had the boys stuff picked up by a neighbor who can use it.

  • I cleaned up at work too (much to my PackRat Boss's chagrin) and tossed 3 trash cans full of old manuals that will no longer be referenced, tossed old damaged parts and put labeled tabs in 3-ring binders for the documents that will need to be referenced.
  • I straightened the DVD drawers and tossed duplicates and movies we never watch.
  • I went through my t-shirt drawer and tossed 3 old shirts. I tossed 2 sets of pajamas that I do not wear. I also tossed 6 pairs of underwear that I would be embarassed to be seen in (Mom always said to wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident.) I cleaned out enough room in that drawer to stick my winter underwears.
  • I straightened the lids in my plastics drawer in the kitchen. They are now in shape/size order: squares, ovals, circles.
  • I got rid of all the magazines and catalogs that were in the bathroom.

Whew!

~Anne

5 Comments Welcome!:

Forgetfulone said...

Where in the world did you find time to do all that? I feel pitiful compared to you. It wasn't a very productive week for me, but you've inspired me! The closets, crafts, and work! I'm impressed. You deserve a break now.

Marcia Francois said...

WOW, wow and wow again. You ARE ruthless with paper - i love how you said if you left fingerprints in the dust, out it went.

GREAT job, Anne - I'm proud of you.

And well done on continuing the good work with your boss!

Marcia from Organising Queen

Me said...

You did all of that and worked too? Did you have any spare time at all?

Controlling My Chaos said...

Wow! You did A LOT. You must be tired. I'm now inspired to go and do some of my own decluttering today. Great job!

HDMac said...

GREAT job!!!! Feels so good doesn't it? Good measure of what to throw!! fingerprints, dust? oh yeah!!!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads