Thursday, December 30

My House at the Holidays




This is what my dining room and living room looked like on December 1st. Rubbermaid totes everywhere in the house, open and overflowing with holiday decorations and supplies. OMG, how can I possibly wade through it all? I had thought it was well organized last year when we put it all away, but as I was trying to put up trees, finding exactly what I wanted wasn't as easy as I had hoped. It took 2 weeks to decorate... I never did get all the totes out of the house.


This is what it looked like on Christmas Eve.



My craft room tree:
My kitchen counter tree:
My Peppermint Kitchen tree:


The Snowman tree in the living room:


The main family tree with the kids' handmade ornaments (a little rearranging done by the cats and Santa):



Plus there are trees in each bedroom. Whew!


How am I ever going to get it all down and packed up in an organized fashion so that next year is a breeze? Stay with me over the next few days and see what does and doesn't work as I try some new ideas for undecorating and packing up the holidays.

Photobucket

2 Comments Welcome!:

Holloway Family said...

Are you kidding me? I get confused with just ONE Christmas tree! LOL I just found your blog and I think I'm hooked! I love to scrap, crochet, cross stitch, cook, read, and spend time with my family. I'm hardly organized, but wish I was! I try and I try, maybe this is the year since we are going through an adjustment period right now since two of our three children have left home in the last four months. I have to have things to do so I don't get so sad missing my girls.

Pam Holloway in Brussels, Belgium

Controlling My Chaos said...

Anne, I think you are certifiably crazy. A tree in every room? Seriously? I think you should re-think that system. You and I are living to close to edge as it is. Don't push it.

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads