Wednesday, March 18

Boston Cream Pie -Chocolate

Sunday was my husband's birthday. His favorite cake is Boston Cream Pie.


I shudder at the thought. Anytime I have to stack a cake, it always seems to shift and fall. Oh, I have spent hours upon hours carefully creating the perfect BCP... and then found out that he wanted a fluffier cake and frosting instead of the hard chocolate shell. That was the year I gave up.


This year I wanted to do something special, so introducing the BCP was again the idea. I was nervously biting my nails waiting for the day to arrive until I found this recipe...


Whoo Hoo! Boxed cake mix and instant pudding. That is my kind of recipe!


So while I was breathing easy, I knew I had everything I needed except the pudding. The morning of his birthday I bought the pudding. I set myself up in the kitchen to bake the cakes... and that is when I realized:

I used the yellow cake mix a couple weeks ago to make something else!

Husband sounded like he was mainly concerned about the pudding so instead of running back to the store, I used what I had. Devil's Food cake mix cupcakes, Vanilla instant pudding, a bit of whipped cream and semi-sweet chocolate chips.

They look like Fluffy Oreos... but they taste like BCP!


Happy Birthday Hubby!

Love, Anne.

7 Comments Welcome!:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby! Nice BCP!

Amber D. said...

Oh, this looks yummy! I really like your menu plan ideas... I am always looking for what to make!
I won't be cooking with eggs for awhile however! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Forgetfulone said...

Oh that looks so delicious! I really want some chocolate now.

Kimberly said...

You should have posted a warning... do not view the pictures if you are hungry! LOL!!!

Happy Birthday to your husband.

Now I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard. Ha Ha.

Abra Clampitt said...

Oh, yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am always up for a good bite to eat, especially when it involves chocolate. Also, thanks for following my blog. I am also all about meeting other fun bloggers!

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Yum! Yum! Yum! Looks so good!

And just wanted to say thanks for the tip for the price notebook. I will actually have a section in my coupon binder that would be perfect for that (which I'll be posting pics in a bit of)! THANK YOU!

Pam said...

Love the cupcake idea - looks much easier to hold together. I do have a fix for the sliding cake. Put the layers together with the pudding, use bamboo skewers to hold the layers in place, and refrigerate until the pudding is well set. Then you can remove the skewers and finish frosting the top & sides. If you're in a time crunch, throw it in the freezer to save time.

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads