Sunday, March 29

Freezer Frenzy -Part Two

Chicken!!!
Today is Chicken day. When completed there will be garlic chicken, shredded chicken, diced chicken, baked chicken, chicken cacciatore, chicken rollups, rotisserie-style roasters and chicken pot pie.

I hear you... How boring is that! shredded and diced chicken. Bleck!

I should explain. Not everything that goes into my freezer is fully prepared. Mostly I stock up items that are base ingredients for multiple dinners. Having the chicken pre-cooked can save 30-60 minutes per night.

For example, garlic chicken is a simple chicken marinade. Generally I grill the chicken. It makes great sandwiches, salad topping or pasta additive. A grilled garlic chicken breast with a small side of pasta is a healthy, tasty meal all on it's own!

Shredded or diced chicken can be used in pot pie, soup, casseroles, tacos, tettrazzini, enchiladas, chicken salad and many other dishes.

Breaded, baked chicken is great just the way it is, similar to a faux fried chicken. It also makes a great chicken Parmesan, chicken fingers snack or even a ranch wrap.

Now that you have the general idea, here is my quick and easy garlic chicken:

  • Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
  • Olive Oil
  • Chopped Garlic
  • Black Pepper
  • Chopped Parsley

You can add a ton of other herbs and spices, but I try to keep it simple enough to use in many different recipes. I don't measure anything. I pour a cup or two of oil in a big bowl, add about 1/2 a cup of garlic, parsley and pepper. I dip the chicken into the mixture picking up as much garlic on the chicken as possible, bag, vacuum seal and freeze. To use, you can thaw, but it isn't necessary. With a foil liner, you can put this directly on the grill. Or cheat like I do and toss it on the George Foreman Indoor Grill.


~Anne

7 Comments Welcome!:

Controlling My Chaos said...

You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

This seems like a great idea! thanks for sharing!

One Mom, Five Kids said...

Hey - Your my kinda gal!

I love cooking and freezing. They are good friends!

Anonymous said...

I love anything that will save me some time when cooking. Great pictures, too. I'm glad that I found you.

Anonymous said...

P.S.- I'm one of your stalkers. Made me laugh!

nikkicrumpet said...

I can't even imagine being that organized! You blow me away. I have however picked up some excellent chicken recipes and ideas from blogs. My hubby loves it because he's eating better and I'm actually trying to cook! I love the idea of pre-seasoning the chicken and freezing it. I may just invest in one of those shrink wrappy thingamabobs.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this post. I am considering trying OAMC and reading this helped me to get a "little" more excited about it.

But, WHERE HAVE YOU GONE? I have been visiting over and over to see what you were going to do with:

Roast Beef
Ground Beef
Pork
Sauces, Soups and Stews
Baked goods and breakfast foods

COME BACK! LOL! We miss your posts!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads