Sunday, May 1

Best Ever Sugar Cookies


Best Ever Sugar Cookies

1 cup Margarine
1cup Granulated Sugar
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 Eggs
1 cup Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
4 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt

Mix margarine and sugars together.  Add eggs and beat well.  Add oil and vanilla and beat again.  Mix dry ingredients together then add to other mixture.  Form a round ball, press flat with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.  Bake 12-15 minutes @ 375 degrees.

My Notes::  Butter is an option for these cookies, but they are better with margarine.  This recipe makes about 5 dozen cookies.  The dough is soft, soft soft, fluffy.  It gets a bit tedious with the glass/sugar method so I have also refrigerated the dough and used a scooper, dropping balls of dough into a sugar bowl, coating before putting on the tray.  This method is much quicker and the cookies come out more uniform.  This is NOT a recipe for roll and cut cookies.  These cookies are light and soft, crumbly after a couple days.  Perfect as is, also very good frosted, but dont expect to shape them.
Photobucket

2 Comments Welcome!:

American Homemaker said...

I need a cookie... right now...

Tiffany said...

Yummy! I love sugar cookies, especially in the summer. I think it's because they're so light. That's also probably why I could eat about 20.

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads