Monday, August 30

Love IKEA???

One entire side of my craft room is now storage and so amazingly functional due to a trip to IKEA in Illinois. It was a horrible trip... the traffic was awful just leaving Wisconsin. The traffic was awful around Chicago. The store was experiencing a brown-out so less than half the lights were on and it was about 95 degrees inside... AND although the checkout lines were all open, people and carts went 30+ back for EACH checker!

But in the long run and through all the hassle, we brought home a 5x5 EXPEDIT as well as a 2x4 EXPEDIT with DESK attachment. And I LOVE THEM!!!!

From top to bottom, the larger bookcase holds all my scrapbooks to complete (Creative Memories), cardstock (Stampin Up in Cropper Hopper), printed papers (also in Cropper Hopper), black leather cubes (Target) for children's craft supplies, all my Mother and Father-in-Law's photos albums for the last 20 years (that I need to scan and burn to DVD then put into SAFE albums). The Red IKEA drawer units hold my Sizzix dies.

The desk unit is my new area for die cutting and sewing as well as friend space. The bookcase cubes hold my mini-machine, my sizzix, my sizzlets... and under... project buckets. The desk is quite deep so I easily have room for the MakingMemories 17x23 self-healing mat as well as some great buckets (Target Dollar aisle) for adhesives and decorative scissors my kids still use and love.
I love love love this side of the room!!! What do you think???

Photobucket

6 Comments Welcome!:

Jessica Navarro said...

Fabulous! I love it. Isn't it great to be organized? I find that if I'm not organized, I'm not productive. Great little scrappy location!

American Homemaker said...

I absolutely LOVE Ikea... Ours is just minutes from my house :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh, my goodness. I just stubbed my toe on your site and I'm soooo glad I did!
While I was recovering from the toe injury I had to sit and browse awhile.
I'm drooling over your organizational ideas and crafts!!!!

Love it!
Now if you don't mind, I'm off to browse some more.

Sharlotte Hughes said...

All I can say is.... W O W ! ! !

Anonymous said...

Drool - love love love love love it

JOY said...

Beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing all your amazing ideas!

Popular Posts


Grab My Button!
(copy/paste into your own
website or blog):

Pixel of Ink

Pixel of Ink

My Daily Reads